Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Want a New OS! "One that Won't Keep Me Up All Night"

Microsoft Windows Updates have been the bane of my existence for years. It seems to me that everytime I update, I end up troubleshooting computer troubles that the update caused. I only update at certain times, because I want my complementary software to know about the Microsoft update before I download it on my computer. Then I get all other software updates to match it.

It seems that Microsoft, a computer software company, no longer believes in logic, LOL....IF THEY EVER DID...

These unauthorized sneak attacks on our computers represent the best example of malware I have seen in recent history. "Oh", you say, "Wait, Microsoft has written it into their service agreement that they can do that." I say Great! That just makes my logical reasoning easier to go opensource. This is a different world than it was in the last century, and I choose to follow another path. Logic dictates that I choose efficiency and effectiveness over a bloated brand name, so I need a new operating system.


clipped from www.eweek.com


Thanks to Windows Secrets, we also know that Microsoft is playing the same trick on Vista systems. We've also found that even if you have Windows Update turned off, Microsoft will sneak these stealth "updates" onto your PC.

we know that Microsoft automatically updates Windows XP SP 2 systems without your knowledge or permission.


Doesn't sound likely? Then you're no systems administrator. Even publicly announced "patches" can blow up applications. Ask the users of Skype, the popular VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) program how they felt about the August 2007 Patch Tuesday update.


Here's the bottom line. I don't know, and I really don't even care why you're making these stealth changes. Get out of my machine and stay out.


And people wonder why I recommend desktop Linux over Windows!

 blog it


Thanks to Huey Lewis and the News for the effective expressions...

No comments: